I have severe allergies during the fall season, but don't usually have a
problem this time of year.  However, this past week, my eyes have been itching
severely..........enough that it is even affecting my ability to sleep at
night.  The past 2 nights I took benadryl for relief, but went to the health
food store today for a remedy.  I bought a homeopathic eye drop by Similasan,
that is supposed to relieve the itching of eyes due to allergies. I don't know
much about homeopathic remedies, but have used them on a number of occasions
with fabulous results. The active ingredients are Apis HPUS 6X, Euphrasia HPUS
6X, Sabadilla HPUS 6X.  My concern is in the inactive ingredients: Sodium
chloride 0.9%, Sodium silver chloride complex 0.001% (as preservative),
purified water.

Knowing what I know from this list..........silver compounds are what is the
risk factor for argyria.  What is "your" opinion on these eye drops that have
sodium silver chloride?  Is this such a minute amount that the risk is very
low?  I used them once before I read the ingredients (desperation) and they
worked very well, however I have some concern about the NaCl, and would be much
comforted by your knowledgeable opinions.

Thanks for your time,
Christiane