>>>>>-----Original Message-----
From: sylvie hargraft [mailto:sylviehargr...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 4:00 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>cs color

>>>>>On another note,
I am having problems with infection from my earrings. I have been applying
cs to the holes for about 5-10 min. How often should I apply the cs and how
soon do you think it would take to clear?

------------
Hi, my daughter just got her ear cartilage pierced after failing with her
earlobes (let them close up after not being able to get rid of infections.)
She's been told to wash 2x a day with antibacterial soap and apply Bactine,
and soak her ear in very warm 1/2 tsp sea salt in a cup of water every
other day for 15 minutes.  Her ear is getting sore.  I'd like to see her
use some CS in a soak but I assume it wouldn't be compatible with the sea
salt?  Also, putting something greasy on it like Virgin Coconut Oil somehow
seems ill advised to me but what do I know?  Has anyone actually tried this
with good results?  My VCO is very solid- do you warm it up in a microwave
or over some hot water first?  I got some Spectrum brand from my coop,
www.azurefarm.com.  I assume it is used on the skin, as well as in cooking.
What formulations have people used with it?  Do you put essential oils like
Tea tree oil, lemon oil, or lavender oil in it?  Thanks, Nancy