> >Yes, that is what's so strange; the silver particles fairly leap off the
> >ingot anode (1/2"X1/4"X1-1/2") in a visible
> >"cloud" immediately at the start, to the point within a minute full
> >Tyndall throughout the 16 oz. of DW is in effect.  No starter of any
> >kind is used.  Have a multimeter, but not sure how to measure the final
> >resistance.
> >Thanks,
> >jr
>
> Bad dw? Did you monitor current? with a starter my current isn't above 1ma.
> What is yours at?

Well, if I understand how to measure from the archives; the digital
multimeter reads 8.8 ma at the start.  [Chuck described leaving one
battery wire as normally configured, then clipping the other wire from
the battery to one of the multimeter leads, then clip the other
multimeter lead to the second silver wire.]
Correct?
Checking the DW label, it is Smart & Final brand and just says
"Distilled Water"; method of production not mentioned.  If the water is
a problem, what accounts for the rapid silver particle production?
Thanks,
jr