Date:          Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:01:39 -0500
From:          Brooks Bradley <brooks.brad...@worldnet.att.net>
To:            mdev...@eskimo.com
Subject:       Re: CS>Re: CS & blood stream

          I tried to send this last evening and got a delivery rejection
from the list.  I hope you get this....as it is of some moment that this
item receive some clarification.

                                              Sincerely, Brooks.

Dear Mike,

        I just happened to read your post and would like to enter a
comment relative to our past animal participation in research
evaluations.  We NEVER utilized any animals in any "Life-threatening"
circumstance, nor in any form of research which entailed ANY pain or
untoward physical discomfort. All animals, principally dogs and cats
were under systemic sedation and/or local anaesthetic and only benign
substances were EVER injected.  We did, however, experimentally treat
some candidates who were in the final stages of disease affliction or
near-morbidity----in an effort to save them.....and in an appreciable
number of cases were able to do so.

         We discontinued even this limited effort four years ago.....
primarily because of fears of being tarred with the same brush used on
the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, academic institution, etc.
principals-----who did not seem to exercise the same
consideration........or goals, established by our staff.  I believe
this to be regrettable because we were able to utilize protocols to
which we were barred from including human participants-------an action
in which we would have utilized humans instead of animals......had it
been legal to do so.

            We NEVER had a single animal experience any form of trauma
or noticeable discomfort in any of the very few circumstances in which
they participated.

            We are, to a person, animal lovers, animal rights activists
and participants in many overt activities to address the many grievous
offences visited on animals in general.....both wild and domestic.  Our
foundation spends a majority of its funds in efforts allied with such
activities.

            Please excuse me for using the Silver-List forum for this
post.

                                            Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.