  From: Gladys Williams [mailto:gw...@juno.com]
  Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 10:44 PM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Cc: silver-list@eskimo.com; shippe...@aol.com; donandmariek...@msn.com;
n.karen.gra...@att.net; donnawood...@hotmail.com; dscher...@aol.com;
mrs1...@email.msn.com; rmurry...@aol.com
  Subject: Re: CS>Fw: crash landing

  Dear Mariano:

  I joined the Silver List because I enjoy being part of
  a group of enlightened individuals exchanging discourse
  with the ultimate goal of improving our health and
  well being.  If I wish to partake in levity I watch the
  comedy channel.   I therefore feel this is not the proper
  venue for jokes.

  In addition I find this particular joke offensive, as it
  suggests that Black women are ignorant.  I am a Black
  woman and as you can see I am quite articulate and
  can put at least three or four words together that make
  sense.

  That joke was blatantly racist and not at all funny.  If
  you thought it was funny and harmless, be careful, your
  hood is showing.   Take your vicious little views masked
  as jokes to one of the hate sites where they belong.

  This site is about health and well-being, if you can't
  keep it to that then I suggest you are not enlightened
  enough to participate.

  Gladys

  P.S.  I have lived with ignorant racism all of my life, first
  as a Black person, then as a Black woman.  I do not
  apologize for this scathing discourse as I am extremely
  insulted.  I did not join the Silver List to hear "Darkie
  Jokes".

  On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:39:01 -0500 "MARIANO  DELISE"