-----Original Message-----
From: Dean T. Miller [mailto:dtmil...@midiowa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 12:37 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Source for recipes? Clarification, please.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:01:05 EDT, lindael...@aol.com wrote:

>If I want to use it to disinfect countertops, do I use it
full-strength?  If
>I dilute it, how much do I add to water?

Full strength.  Since you have a CS maker, it'll cost less than any
other disinfectant you can buy.

                I had a white laminate counter top at my previous home &
CS stained it plum-brown on the spots where I'd spilled. Evidently,
whatever particles did come in contact with the minute pores in the
laminate oxidized readily. (Ever seen tarnished silver jewelry? Same
color.)I would definitely try it on an inconspicuous area before pouring
it over the whole thing, unless it's black or some such. I eventually
had some luck removing the stains with peroxide, but only after much
repeated effort. Bleach, Soft Scrub, baking soda; all did NOT work. If
you have tiles with white grout, I suggest never letting it touch any
portion for aesthetic reasons.

                Heather King