From: Wayne Fugitt [mailto:wa...@fugitt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 6:05 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Body Smell and Insects

Morning James,

>DMSO is a great transport agent.  It makes you stink like rotting
>garlic/cauliflower elixir.  It is gross. I gave up a slowly successful
>treatment of toenail fungus because all of my loved ones gagged when I
>showed up.

   Have you had any experience with insects relative to body odor?

   I seem to have the ability to repel insects to some degree.   A few
weeks ago I was cleaning up around an old tractor that has become cluttered
with junk.

   I picked up a can of WD-40 that has a wasp nest on it.  Wasps flew in
every direction and not one stung me.
Next, I picked up an old shovel without an handle that has a wasp nest
attached,.... again not one found a target.   Finally I flipped over an old
tarp that has a wasp nest under it and attached.  That was when I started
feeling luck.  ( or was I just smelling bad )

A few days later, I got into two wasp nest and they flew in every
direction.  This time, two of them
actually hit me.  They acted like they were somewhere they did not want to
be and hurried to leave.

This was 5 events, and not one sting.

Over the years, my friends are worried with insects and I barely notice
them.

Presently, I am doing some research and study relative to formulating and
testing a repellant for a specific critter.

Wayne