Dear PPM experts,

I tried the Herx13 Spreadsheet PPM calculator.  I run one quart (473 mL) 4
hours at a constant 1.1 ma for the entire 4 hours.  (I can do this because
my current regulator can supply 160 volts or so, which is enough to draw 1.1
ma at startup).  Electrodes are a pair of #12 silver wires about 4 inches
long and spaced about two inches.  I use a 1 by 5 inch paddle rotating at
about 30 rpm to keep the brew stirred the entire time.

According to the calculator, I end up with 37.4 PPM!  Can this be correct?
I don't think my brew is even half that PPM.

The calculation is based on electrochemistry theory which is fine.  But
aren't there some additional factors that make the production less
effective?  For example, what effect does the electrode sludge have on
production efficiency?

Anyone have a good factor to multiply the Hertz13 result by to convert the
theory to reality?

Thanks,
--Steve Young