Chip Hoyle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am writing in hopes of saving my chesapeake bay retrievers leg.  He
> went lame a few weeks ago and I had my Vet examine him.  His right rear
> knee was swollen and the Vet suspected an anterior cruciate ligament
> rupture.  During surgery to repair the ACL he discovered a tumor in the
> joint capsule which extended up and onto the femur.  He took a biopsy,
> but is almost certain it is osteosarcoma.  We have yet to discuss
> treatment options at length, but he mentioned that amputation would most
> likely be necessary.  I am hoping that there may be other options.  I
> have scanned the archives for reports of people using cansema and the
> results seem promising.  I would greatly appreciate any input from the
> list, especially regarding results from using the cansema products
> internally.  Thanks in advance!

I'd like you to read a story that I copied from TherapeuticNutrition yahoo
group. You might find it interesting and, hopefully, useful. Here it is:

I want to share one case history of cancer in a dog that might be revealing
to some. I was faced with a dog that at age 4, was in very bad shape. She
had both amyloidosis and cancer, either of which should have been fatal
within a few weeks. The tumor was 6cm, lodged between her liver and spleen.
Removing it wasn't an option, because her heart and lungs were too clogged
with amyloid deposits to survive general anesthesia. Chemo wasn't an option,
because she was in acute renal failure. Since amyloidosis and cancer have
opposite treatment protocols, I had to make a decision. The standard low
protein, refined diet would spare the kidneys for a while, but all those
carbs would feed the cancer. I decided to go with a cancer fighting diet and
hope for the best. She was allowed nothing to eat but an assortment of raw,
organic meats; buffalo, venison, duck, fish, turkey, eggs, beef, rabbit,
lamb, etc. complete with the organ meats. That was made into a formula with
vegetables, 80% meat and 20% vegetables. The rotation was such that she did
not eat the same thing twice in a month. Small amounts of cold fish oil,
flax oil, lecithin, kelp, liver extract, co-Q-10, yeast, vitamin E & C, cold
filtered whey, probiotics and digestive enzymes were added. Since she was
still willing to eat a little, I didn't add any vitamins to her IV fluids.
Her prognosis at the time was perhaps ten days to three weeks.

Instead, she began to eat more every day. Soon I was barely able to keep up
with her appetite and energy level. All of her clinical symptoms
disappeared  and I was amazed to find her running at full speed playing with
puppies. At 6 months, her urine was completely clean and other markers
normal.

By any textbook standard, a high protein, high nutrient diet would have
killed her. Instead it starved the cancer of sugars and carbon dioxide, and
the EFA's helped to dissolve the dense amyloid deposits. That wasn't the
first time I've know tumors to shrink and disappear, but this case was
special in that she had advanced cardiopulmonary and renal failure,
unrelated to the cancer, which also resolved.

Based on other cases I've come to believe that if the very same diet was
used, but cooked instead of raw, the outcome would have been very different.

That was around three years ago (a long time for a dog) and i know the
amyloidosis will never be completely gone - kidneys aren't able to grow new
tissue like the liver can. But she certainly seems happy to be alive and has
had no recurrant malignancy. It just goes to show that even when surgery and
chemo are not an option there are other things you can do.