> From: Ode Coyote <coyote...@earthlink.net>
> Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:02:01 -0400
> To: silver-list@eskimo.com
> Subject: Re: CS>Re-heating during generation
>
> At 02:42 AM 8/2/02 EDT, you wrote:
 Hey all...

Just curious to get some opinions here.  Without going into a lot of
details, I most generally heat 8oz of DW in the microwave for 2:00 before I
start making my CS.

I think 2 minutes for 8 ozs will be getting it too hot. Try for about 100
degrees.
.*****************
Tonight, I decided to try my hand at making a larger batch (24oz).  I'm
curious what the disadvantages could possibly be, to re-heating the water at
some point through the process (considering that the 'brewing' time is
greatly extended).

I doubt that  it is necessary to reheat once the process has started. The
reason for heating is to get the process going quicker.
Does heating the water at all really offer any quality increase anyways?

Not that I have read, it just speeds things up a little.
 Could the quality of the CS that has already been made be lessened by
heating the stuff again, and then restarting the generation process?

Thanks for any advice!

Mike