Christine,
Your on the right tract.  I think both your batches of silver colloidal will be
effective for most applecations.  I use a fish tank bubblier myself, I have
tried the other methods of mixing and like filtered air.
But what you said about the coffee maker triggered an idea, maybe you should
try both heating while bubbling ?  I think you can shorten you time of brewing
to get rid of the metel taste.  The battery method goes slow to start with then
keeps getting faster and faster as the more electrolites make the electricy
flow more with more conductivity in your coffee pot.
Some explain the process as a car with the accelerator stuck wide open, at
first it goes slow, then faster and faster, untill it is out of control.  The
key is to practice, and know by looks, timing, and good old fasion common
sense, when enough is enough.
My only sugestion is : shorten the brewing time and be very watchfull the
longer it is on, when you see tyndal, watch closely, and not let it go too much
longer. Idealy, you should test, but less is better than more, when batterys
are used.
Tel Tofflemire
Dewey , AZ