Dear Ivan et al--

Thanks for your reply.

> It is pretty much established that minerals can only enter the body as
> ions. There are three possible pathways. The first is through pores by
> osmotic pressure. The second is by attaching to special molecules and
> being dragged into the cell. The third, by attaching to transporting
> molecules (chelation) allowing passage across the cell membrane.

Could you elaborate a little, esp. to differentiate between molecules of the
"special" and "transport" types?

> dissolve calcium carbonate in
> vinegar or malic acid (apple juice) almost completely.

Any opinion as to which acids are the healthiest choices?

All of this leaves at least one of my initial questions untouched.  Could it
be that certain metabolic sites produce mineral-releasing enzymes on
location, to allow minerals to remain in relatively stable bonds until they
reach the destination needed?  I.e., could minerals ingested in a
pre-ionized solution be inferior in that they react to form myriad compounds
before reaching locations where their ionic form is needed?  Could this be a
drawback of the Sea Mineral product I mentioned (www.survivalsystem.com),
whether it's taken with or without supplemental acid (like cider vinegar)?

Thanks.

--Russ