mars,
If there is bacteria in the water then the CS will kill it, but it is
more likely that the silver ions are bonding with the chlorine or
other odour producing chemicals.

Refrigeration does not affect CS.

http://ska.safeserver.com/bleachingrx.html
"What are bleaching products?
Bleaching products are used to suppress pigmentation in order to
lighten hyperpigmented areas. There are two well known products with
bleaching mechanisms effective on the skin, hydroquinone and kojic
acid. Another effective product for bleaching and evening pigmented
spots is Mandelic Acid. These are used to treat various pigmented
spots such as age spots, melasma, and freckles.

Hydroquinone lightens the color of the skin areas to which it is
applied by killing off the melanin making cells (known as the
melanocyte). It is the only FDA approved product for bleaching. It
does this for about 60-70% of its users. LustraR is one of the most
well known prescription hydroquinone products. Its 4% Hydroquinone
concentration can provide results in as little as four weeks. Lustra
can be obtained from a pharmacy with a doctor's precription. Any
hydroquinone products available without requiring a prescription
cannot have more than 2% hydroquinone. Medical researchers have
established that 70% of patients who use skin creams containing
Hydroquinone for an extended period of time (one-three years) develop
Exogenous Ochronosis, "an irreversible disfiguring cosmetic problem".
Cosmetic Ochronosis, Cosmetic Ochronosis (also known as Exogenous
Ochronosis) was first described by Findlay and his group of
researchers in 1975. This group found that the continued use of HQ
based skin bleaching products lead to a progressive discoloration of
the skin. However, since most hydroquinone products are used only
within a three month period, this is usually not a problem.
When using Hydroquinone, it is imperative to stay out of the sun for
the treatment to work. Always wear full spectrum sunblock and a hat.
Exposure to sun deteriorates the hydroquinone, rendering it
ineffective. If you are planning on being in the sun, use a
hydroquinone-free formula, such as the pHaze13 *HQ free Pigment Gel."

Is this the best product for you?
In any event, I do not know whether CS will form compounds with the
Hydroquinone or anything else present in the cream, but I cannot see
any reason for adding CS to the cream in the first place.

Regards
Ivan.