Malcom:

Yes, the issue at hand is not the validity of the studies done by the fine
microbiologists at Brigham Young University, but rather the administration's
attempt to seperate the University from the study done.

The testing was not sponsored by the university.  Since the testing was done
on university property, with university equipment, and done on university
paid time, I believe that the university owns the work done, although they
do not display any copyrights with the work ( which is part of the problem
here ).

BYU lawyers have been using strong-arm tactics to try to remove the
University's name from the study... and more.  They also want to reserve
their copyright.  However, they refuse to, from what I have seen,
acknowledge the copyright in print, in a manner that fits the legal
definition of copyright display and notification of infringement.

This is certainly not an issue with the staff at BYU...  I was told that the
head microbiologist only wanted the study available through ASAP, as it was
their product that was tested.  He did not want other, perhaps inferior
products, profiting from the work done -- especially since doing so is truly
misrepresenting the work.

This is certainly understandable, although while I would term ASAP silver an
effective silver, it is hardly one of the best out there.

The BYU study information will be forever available through our website.
Currently, I simply give a brief synopsis, and link over to ASAP.  If ASAP
is ever forced to take the study down, I will relocate the data.

The problem I have is not with the University's position.  The problem I
have is with trying to remove information from the public domain, and doing
so with unethical methods.  I'm a very strong freedom of speech advocate.

I have quite a bit of information that I cannot release to the public
domain...  Respecting those who have done work, that, if it gained too much
attention, might jeopardize the work being done.  I see this as different
from microbiologists granting newspaper interviews, and then a University
trying to come up behind and clean it all up for political reasons.

Best Regards,

Jason