Recently I followed the thread under the subject of "Buyer Beware". In
it a silver substance referred to as colloidal silver was in fact
between 85% and 99.7% ionic silver.

I've checked a number of lab reports on commercially available
"colloidal silver". In every case the ionic content has been between 85
and 99% yet it is consistently referred to as colloidal silver. We
wouldn't do that in talking about juice as opposed to flavored drinks.
Even though the practice of referring to all of these substances as
colloidal silver isn't intended to deceive, isn't this practice indeed
deceptive?

I know that Colloidal silver has become a sort of catch all term for
liquids, gels, and ointments containing silver in virtually any form,
but isn't that part of the problem we face every day in trying to help
people understand what is and is not a quality "colloidal" silver
product?

I believe that what most of us make with our home generators is,
generally speaking, 85% or greater ionic silver yet we continue to refer
to it as colloidal silver.

Why, as a community, do we seem so unwilling to refer to the substance
we're talking about as ionic silver? It seams clear that in 90% or more
of the cases, the substance being talked about is an ionic silver
solution and not colloidal silver at all. Are we afraid that we will
confuse people by using the term ionic silver? Or is it just easier to
continue to do what we've been doing and not try to explain the
terminology and work at reforming our habits? Or is there some other
reason that we hesitate to use the term, ionic silver solution?

When people ask me, How can I be sure I'm getting real colloidal silver?
Or how can I tell if the CS I'm buying is what the label claims? Or how
do I tell the difference between a good CS and one that is not so good?
shouldn't I tell them that, chances are, you are not getting true
colloidal silver no matter what you buy?

Aren't we doing our cause more harm by being so careless in our
terminology. If what we are making and/or selling is 85% to99% ionic
silver in its make up, why don't we call it Ionic silver or ionic silver
solution rather than colloidal silver, which it is not? We appear to be
more particular about the terminology we use for the water we use to
make this stuff than we are about what we call the end product.

How can we hope to enhance our credibility when we don't even call our
product by an accurate name. We all know that there are very real
differences between colloidal silver and an ionic sliver solution.
Wouldn't we all be better served if we consistently used the right term
for the substance under discussion?

If ionic silver solutions are actually responsible for most of the
impressive results achieved by people using "colloidal silver" shouldn't
we make that clear rather than crediting it to colloidal silver?

LTR