Olive Oil is very good on the skin.  I make and castille soap using just all
Olive Oil, I do use a little bit of coconut oil in it, because I don't feel
skin without it.  Olive Oil has good mosturizing qualities, and is very
gentle on the skin, and it's cheap.  I use Olive Oil in all my Basic Soaps
when I combine three oils.  Those are either vegetable oil, olive oil, and
coconut, or lard, vegetable oil, and coconut.  I make two basic types of
soap because some people will not use animal fat.  I have no qualms about
the animals, they are going to be slaughtered for food anyway, why not use
what we don't eat.  I like it because it makes a very creamy, white, hard,
long lasting bar of soap.  Vegetable Oil soaps doesn't last as long.  A
little Emu Oil in Soap is the best. and the best yet is an entire bar of emu
soap, but couldn't sell it, because of the price it would be.

Olive Oil in shea butter, you want a light oil, never use Olive Oil, in the
shea butter so I can't tell you.  I used almond oil from the health food
store and it was too heavy.  It took about 15 minutes for the greasiness to
go away.  So I substituted Safflower Oil and it glides on smooth and doesn't
feel greasy.  You might want to experiment with it though to get the feel
you want and to incorporate the properties of the different oils.  I know
some people are using meadowfoam, somewhat more expensive, but they say it
feels wonderful.

Do not buy shea butter, or mango butter from the health food store.  It is
much cheaper purchased in on the internet.  You don't want any refined with
hexane, and you have to ask, if it doesn't say so on the web site.

Roxanne