Sure, except for one thing
 the story is true, it happened to me and two friends and a lady we were
escorting home to her place in the 'projects'. You would think that we
would have been so freaked out by the oddness of the experience that we
would have spent hours discussing it, but part of the experience was the
feeling of unreality, of 'non-event', of 'nothing happened/nothing to
discuss'...but it did happen.  The lady friend certainly didn't see it that
way, but even then we had nothing to say about it.

Back in the 1700s there was a religeous sect that worked themselves up into
a 'state' and had people try to burn them with torches, slash them with
swords and beat them with hammers without injury.  Les Invincibles I
think...in France.

 The UFO postulation is based on actual reports, but I don't know if the
reports were true.
 I know of three people who swear they've had automobiles pass through them
or thier cars without harm. [not that the next one would, mind you] True?
I dunno, I wasn't a witness, but they are very sincere people and the
stories were told very privately.
 There are many many examples on record where people with grapefruit sized
cancer tumors had them vanish over night.

 If you've ever been in the position where the impossible happens, it's
really hard to keep your bearings.
 It's not a really good idea to count on the impossible happening too much.
The odds are pretty low that it will happen again.
 I avoid gangland and don't stand in traffic.
Ken