Ivan

From: Dave Darrin (view other messages by this author)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:41:12

----------

In searching the archives I came across this from Brooks.
Some time ago there was a TV report of age reversal with rats as
subjects where one very lethargic rat after recieving only one dose
began behaveing like a pup, running, climbing the cage etc.
So I gave it to my dog and he started doing things he had abandonded
four years ago.
After three or four doses it began being harder and harder to get it
down him so I stopped. It took about four months for the effects to
wear
off and return him to laying on the couch most of the time.
  My question for Brooks is What dosage would you think would be
appropriate for a 170 Lb. man?

      From: Brooks Bradley (view other messages by this author)
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:37:49

                                I have noticed that there has been,
quite recently, some interesting
references to possible benefits from using alpha lipoic acid and
acetyl-l-carnitine.....in combination.  The latest comments originate
from the Linus Pauling Institute.
Their claim is for an order of magnitude increase in
effectivity......over either substance ingested alone.  I was VERY
interested in their comments----since we have prosecuted a series of
mammal-based evaluations......using these very subsances in concert.
Our results track----very closely----those claimed by this Institute.
We did not deem it necessary to undergo the expense of "Blind Studies"
for such an exploratory-type investigation;  we, none-the-less, have a
substantive confidence there IS merit to this protocol.  Through
varying
the proportions of the two compounds, we have arrived at a tentative
assumption that-----alpha lipoic acid is the most powerful progenitor
in
the combination....and is more powerful in results when combined with
much smaller portions of acetyl-l-carnitine-----than when the reverse
conditions are manifest.
            The principal reason for our original interest was based
upon our pronounced interest in addressing the challenges of
"age-related" insults presenting in humans and other higher mammals.
              I am, at present, discussing the adviseability of
mentioning the dosage protocols we found to be most efficacious.  If I
can obtain the proper legal assurances, I will.....most
probably....post
a synopsis of our results to the list.