The sensitive teeth toothpaste is a nitrate of some sort that deposits a
layer on the porous area of the tooth thereby blocking access to the nerve
endings. I think CS does the same thing by filling the pores with
particles...and protecting the pores from bacteria invasion.
 I've had very little problem with sensitive teeth since using CS as a
mouthwash.

 Flouride works much the same way but damages the tooth in the process
making it white and brittle in spots...and doesn't kill bacteria.
Ken