Use the search terms "conductivity meter" "Total Dissolved solids meter"
"PPM meter"
 No meter has been made to test CS, so the term CS is not needed.

Heating the water increases it's initial conductivity so the process starts
faster in its early stages. When using a timer, this will result in higher
PPM.
 But, heating the water too much makes particles collide and you'll get
larger particle CS faster. The threshold seems to be about 120 deg F.
 As warm water cools, it produces a thermal convection stirring current
that can prevent large particle formation. The water close to the outside
of the container cools and drops, forcing the water in the center to rise.
But that effect lasts only as long as the water temperature is different
from the room temperature. They will equalize fairly quickly.
 You can get the best of both worlds by placing a very small heat source
directly under the electrodes...enough to create a good thermal updraft but
not enough to heat the water very much. Everything goes in the same
direction for opposite reasons but doesn't stop.
 Using a centered thermal updraft also sends ions to where the discharge
rate of the electrode is lowest, accelerating ion dischage there while
reducing edge discharge on the ends of the electrodes that tends to sharpen
and shorten the electrode over time.

 Another way to induce thermal stir currents is to simply place a desk lamp
next to one side of your generating container. The updraft won't be
centered but it'll stir.
 A coffee maker heater is too hot. I've heard of people using a heating pad
with success. If you have a gas stove with a pilot light, placing the
generator on that warm spot might do.

 Mechanical stirring is good and I use it, but has a few oddities. It sends
ions and particles past the electrodes perpendicular to the electrodes
where they tend to stick to the hydrogen bubbles that also grow there. If
the stir rate is too fast, a fuzzy buildup of particles grow on the
electrode in the direction of the water current. If the particle/bubble
formation gets too thick, it acts as an insulator and slows the ion
generation process. [and tends to fall off into the water when the
electrodes are removed]  At some point ion production and particle buildup
equalize and the generator goes into a loop that doesn't place any more
silver into the water.  The buildup just grows and grows forever.

 Stirring with air bubbles seems like a good idea..sorta clunky to package
but probably works quite well.

 Stirring of any sort will prevent ion buildup between the electrodes. Ion
buildup in an uncontrolled generator setup will accelerate runaway by
drastically increasing conductivity in a localized area right where it does
the most harm. The whole container of water runs away slower than the
portion of the water that 'stands' between the electrodes. Stirring of any
sort is a good idea in any generator for that reason alone. [There are others]
 No generator "sees" anything that's not between the electrodes.

http://silverpuppy.com/thermal%20stir%20sequence.html

ken