I felt that some, among the list members, might be
interested in this---most informative treatise on fungi.  Referring to
the section on medical considerations might prove informative.  The
pictures are not for the faint-hearted.
                We are, at present, initiating a special study on
bioremediation using
lignin-based materials (sawdust, shredded tree refuse/heavy shrub trash,
etc. as the substrate for the mycellium), for erosion control and soil
stabilization.  This investigation looks quite promising from both
enviornmentally-friendly and cost-effectiveness considerations.
                            Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.

http://www.mycolog.com/fifthtoc.html