Actually, I must say, the contention of the "small pox" cure page isn't
wholly out of the ballpark.  We musn't forget a major part of the history of
smallpox.  Indians received smallpox through infected blankets deliberately
given them by the govt.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that those
blankets were infested with bed bugs.  Perhaps they can transmit smallpox
like mosquitos and west nile, or ticks and lyme disease.

It's something interesting to research to see if there is any validity in
the claim.  After all, in the time of smallpox bed bugs were known to be
prevalent.

Jessica

"Bureaucracy is a giant mechanism operated by pygmies" --Honore de Balzac