On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:35:36 -0400, "C Creel" <ccr...@adelphia.net>
wrote:

><<I had read in one of the vitamin books (old one) that  1. the body does not
>process more than 500 mg of VitC per half hour and 2. that more than 3,000 mg
>per day will cause harm to the stomach.  ?????>>
>

>     Vit C doses can go as high as 12,000 mg a day regularly with it actually
> going much higher for some therapeutic applications.

Yup.

For about 6 months I was taking about 50,000 mg daily without any of
the expected side effects.

Unfortunately, it also didn't have much of an effect on my sinus
problem (which seems to be NOT viral or bacterial).  This was before I
started making and using CS (which didn't have much effect, either).

-- Dean -- from (almost) Des Moines -- KB0ZDF