Faye,
I have had mine for quite a few yrs in fact I am a dealer for all of
their products. 1. I make a Gallon at a time, use a fish tank bubblier
with air filter and end diffuser stone.  I Set it for 12 to 15 PPM, as
per my testing equipment.  (mostly guess work but close)  color can
range from clear to violet, to light yellow, or dark for over kill..(too
long on the Colloidal Master) reason it did not shut off is neck of your
container was silver plated...need to keep it clean with paper towel.
Your yellow CS is fin to use, make sure your Qt jars are
clean...(effects the color) New does not mean clean.
You can email me off line at <telt...@cableone.net>
Tel Tofflemire
Dewey , AZ