Thank you. I have forwarded your story and instruction to my daughter.
John.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Missett
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 4:58 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>CS and ear infection

  Yes, I am familiar with the ear conditions you describe.  Both my sons had
the same operation, and I would not hesitate to give them CS had I known about
it then (30 years ago).  I had the same type of ear problems when I was a kid,
with constant ear aches, so I'm sensitive to that kind of infection.

  The reason the doctors say not to get water in the ears is because most water
carries some bacteria, hence infection potential.  However, it takes only about
2-4 years for the ear drums to heal and push the tubes out, so they should be
long gone.

  I have recent experience with an adult friend who had ear infections which
were not responding to five days of antibiotics.  He was hesitant to use CS
too, but he overcame his caution because of his lack of sleep from the ear
aches, and tried it in one ear one night -- and the infection in that ear was
gone the next morning.  He then tried it in the other ear, with the same result.

  Since CS kills all bacteria, there should be no problem administering CS for
your daughter's ear aches, even if the tubes were in place.  Put 2-3 drops in
the ears at bedtime, and she should be better in the morning.

  Hope this helps ...