pj wrote...

> I will speak my mind frankly on this subject.  A parent should, in my
> opinion, move heaven and earth and possibly bankrupt themselves, to deal
> with an acne problem being faced by anyone, particularly a young one.  The
> emotional damage is too great for this to drag on for any length of time if
> it can be avoided.

Speaking as someone who always had acne growing up (and still does
occasionally at 31), I have to say that if you've raised a child who is going
to be so horribly screwed up emotionally from being teased because of having
zits, then maybe you need to rethink the messages you gave the child as they
were growing.  Sure, it can be a little embarrassing at times, but a kid with
high self-esteem and confidence didnt get that way by being zitless...  they
got that way by having parents who instilled some self-worth and a few
messages about how others opinions should be tempered enough that they dont
cause emotional scarring.  I'm not saying the problem may not need specific
attention -- if nothing else, for the sake of good health -- I'm just saying
that we live in a society where too many children are raised by their peers,
rather than by their parents.  And children raised by other children who
tease and poke fun, are bound to have some challenges to their esteem and
confidence.

*climbing down off my soap box*

FWIW,

Mike