>>>>Catherine wrote:

 **  This part about injured cells reverting to stem cells is quite
> interesting to me.  Can you provide any articles, citations, etc. about
> this?

I have a duck that had her "drumstick" bone crushed right above the joint,
and then lost blood return from her foot so that the foot was dying and the
webbing puffed up like a balloon.  I decided I would rather live one-legged
than not at all so did surgery on her and cut off her leg above the break.
(I am a biologist and have operated on rats before.)  I sewed the skin on
each side together across the bone but didn't fully cover the middle of the
bone.  It did stop the bleeding, though.  I soaked the stub in CS 2x a day
for a couple of minutes and applied comfrey/aloe salve with added myrrh
powder, and bandaged it.  A scab formed over the end, and in a week and a
half came off leaving a 1cm square small scab that thickened up. That scab
came off at three weeks.  The end of her stump was a pinkish scar that
since has totally regrown down (feathers).  She can hop pretty fast on one
leg, and only has to get around in the little movable duck run anyway.
There was never the least sign of infection.  I make CS with a plug-in
commercial generator.

Nancy
What did the duck do who flew upside down?
It quacked up.