http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/scenario/physlang.htm

AMPERAGE, VOLTAGE, WATTAGE

These words are entrenched in the informal language of science, but they are
entirely unnecessary. We have perfectly good technical words for these
measurable quantities: current, potential, and power. Physics textbooks set
a good example when decribing current; the good ones hardly ever use
"amperage". Then why do they persist in using "voltage" and "wattage"? This
seems inconsistent, doesn't it?

So, I guess we should not be using voltage or wattage either.

Marshall