  From: ascottsil...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:00 PM
  Subject: CS>Strange results

  I usually wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night and drink
water. I run tap water through a Brita filter. In the last 6 months or so I
have been adding CS to the glass of water that I keep by the bed. Last night
the CS turned the tap water a faint red color almost instantly.

  Recently I changed my process from making one pint at a time to making 4
pints at a time. Instead of using a one pint beer glass, I now use a 4 pint
mason jar. I use two pieces of 9999 12 gauge silver wire that are wetted in DW
to four and one half inches. To agitate the solution, I use the second hand
movement from a cheap clock motor. I attach monofilament fishing line to the
clock motor and suspend a small piece of silver to the bottom of the electrodes.

  I'm using about 300 uA to keep the electrodes from turning black. I'm running
it for about 12 to 14 hours. The solution finishes clear but sometimes turns a
very faint yellow after a few days. The brew vessel is always scrubbed good -
without soap - and rinsed several times in DW.

  I've made red CS in the past by hitting it with 100 VDC and letting it run
violently for a while. Lots of black streamers and bubbles (^_^). But I've
never seen my clear or faint yellow CS turn the tap water red, even when I was
using my older, higher current, wipe the black stuff off of the electrodes
process.

  Any comments or suggestions?

  Andy

  ---