On my website there's a study of several cataract patients who underwent
antioxidant therapy by using cold-processed whey isolate and selenium.
The cataracts, which are caused by oxidative stress (free radical
damage), can't get worse when the correct antioxidants are used.

This does point to toxin/free radical burden.... kidneys are the second
largest users of glutathione after only the liver, another detox organ,
and the lungs, exposed to lots of toxins, are the third biggest
glutathione users.

Duncan Crow