I'd give the puppy a spoonful of CS every hour until it's better.  Just a few
drops isn't enough in my opinion.  My doggies get much more than that in their
daily drinking water.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Denise Every
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 11:55 AM
  Subject: CS>Does CS taken orally have a negative effect on benefical gut
bacteria?

  I have a friend who just called, she has a puppy almost 3 weeks old, about 20
ozs, who was doing well and this morning for no apparent reason took a turn for
the worse, temperature dropped & crying out, so she gave it some drops of
colloidal silver and a homeopathic remedy for fading puppies (don't know the
name of it offhand), and in the past couple of hours the puppy seems to be
showing some improvement.

  She is concerned, though, how much CS would be safe to give a puppy, she was
told by another breeder that the CS will destroy the beneficial gut bacteria as
well as harmful ones.  She is giving a few drops every few hours, or planning
to, as well as a bit of organic yogurt.

  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  Denise Every