<<I don't know about ruining kidneys but the meat eaten by Eskimo's had a
different ratio of types of fat,  more omega 3's etc.  Our ancestors and
others that have lived off meat (like the Scandinavian explorers who
performed this experiment many years ago) were mostly eating grass fed
animals which will do the same thing.  I expect they also ate a lot of organ
meat in order to get enough vitamins, etc.  People aren't carnivores.
Omnivores, more likely.  Doesn't mean they can't live on meat though, if
they're smart enough to do it right.>>

    **  A great resource for the paleo (or Atkin) type diet is
www.paleodiet.com

    Another great site is http://www.beyondveg.com/

  Also, http://www.cast.uark.edu/local/icaes/ ( academic web site discussing
evolution and the human diet).