Ode Coyote wrote:

> At 12:48 PM 8/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >Then that proves mind over matter!
>  ##  Yes it does..within limits of belief..and since all minds are
> absolutely connected somewhere behind the scenery, beliefs take on a
> commonality to a great degree.
>  It could be said that mind IS matter..is what gives matter solidity, form
> and creates space and time for forms to be in, but mind would have to be
> existant in a context other than the grey stuff we believe it is for that
> to be true.  There is much evidence that this is the case.
>  Couldn't be?  How solid are the objects in your dreams?  How do you know
> how solid anything is?
>  It's measured by instruments that exist in the same context as the
> dream...senses, even spectrometers.
>  Beliefs don't alter reality, they alter how it's seen and experienced.
> >
> >How did they test the water?
>  ##  They did it two ways.  The first positive finding was done by using a
> particular blood cell that reacted to a substance diluted to 30c [one drop
> in all the oceans in the universe?] by the original researcher that
> published his findings and made a big splash in the scientific world.
>  The second positive was done with the same cells and a diluted to 30c
> histamine by the Royal Society confirming the 'splash'.

Doesn't sound like a very good test to me.  Blood cells are alive, and connected
with the doner.  It is known that the thoughts of the doner will affect the
cells
over great distances.  The real test would be to use a machine that is not alive
and posses a link to a living person.

> The negatives were done by the Royal Society with the histamine but the
> vials were double coded by two different people so that no one, not even
> the people doing the coding, knew which were which .  That's the only
> difference. [except that Randy the magician skeptic was involved and his
> 'certainty' may have shorted out the coders 'behind the scenes'
> communications]
>  It should be done again without Randy.

If they were using live cells then Randy would most certainly be expected to
affect the results.

>  I used a UV scanning spectrometer to prove that water had memory.  I can't
> say for water, but I know for a fact that quartz also has memory, and this
> does NOT depend on the experimenter knowing anything.  When I was testing
> the memory, reiki was done on water inside the quartz vial that the
> spectrometer uses,
> >and it totally messed up the quartz, making it unusable.  I sent to back
> to Hach and they said the quartz was messed up with contamination or
> something, and all they could do was replace it.  All that was ever in it
> was distilled water.  Anyway, I got it back and had a friend do a mental
> clearing on it, and it was back to normal.
>  ##  An interesting clue!
>  It should be noted that both "believers" and "disbelievers" have closed
> minds...in that both are certain and tend to find what they seek and have
> that confirmed to them as much as is possible without disrupting the entire
> fabric of the virtual universe, but neither discover the truth behind the
> findings.
>  I was once an atheist..now I am skeptical. The world kept doing impossible
> things that had more and more highly improbable histories to validate
> whatever I chose to see until I could no longer ignore it.
>  Things just got too weird for me to keep insisting that I knew what was
> going on.

Isn't that the truth.  I am always having what is expected happen, although it
should be impossible upon reflection.  I found that I had my hands on the
keyboard
wrong once, so I should have been typing garbage, but until I noticed it, what
went to the screen was correct, but once I noticed my hand was in the wrong
place,
I got garbage. Last night I went to turn the TV on, and missed the button with
my
finger, but it turned on anyway.  Indeed it is a wierd universe!  My daugher
flipped a light switch one time and the light came on, only problem is she
realized after she had flipped it, it was the wrong switch for that light.

It is said that if you want something, then say it will come true. But the
problem
is that most of the time you still don't believe it will come true, so it
doesn't.  The very simple solution to that is to say "whether I believe it or
not"
after making statement that it will come true, that completely short circuits
the
belief so it no longer is working against you.

Marshall