  From: Ode Coyote
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 5:23 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Submerged Pump

  I've found the the water circulation speed doesn't have an effect on the CS
quality but it does have an effect on deposit buildups on the electrodes [the
grey fuzzies] which in turn have an effect on auto off calibration because the
deposits are semi insulative.
  They tend to grow into the direction of the water flow and fall off if they
get too thick making a layer of crud in the bottom.
  There is a sweet spot under which these effects are not a problem.
  I'm assuming that the SG7 has found and is using that perfect water velocity
range commensurate with the electrode spacing and current to prevent crud
buildup and drop off.
  Ode