Silver Friends,
I am soliciting the opinions of the knowledgeable here as to the purity
requirements of silver electrodes, for use in making concentrated CS, of
the type that would be used to saturate ceramic water purifiers.  This
CS would not be recommended for ingesting, only used for water filter
saturation immediately after production.  I am well aware that three
nines (99.9%) is minimal purity for CS that is ingested, what about two
nines (99.0%) for the purpose of saturating permeable ceramics?  What
about less than 99.0%?

The purifiers are to be for the use of low income people, for whom low
cost of the system is all important.  My impression is that 99.9% silver
may be double or triple the price of 99.0%.  From what I'm seeing here
in South Asia it is not difficult to insure 99.0% purity for locally
processed silver electrodes.  But 99.9% must be imported.  So this is
much more expensive, particularly in ensuring the additional step of
rolling an ingot into an electrode.  I'm also of the impression that the
major impurity in the silver may by copper or nickel, metals that would
also become situated in the purifiers, not flushed into the filtrate.

What do you think?
Reid