Jack, apparently the Pony had a pack a day habit before coming to live with us. We cut her off, cold turkey. My father died of lung cancer, so there was no way I was going to let a smoker in the barn. Unfortunately, I can't afford that nebulizer gadget for horses. It costs more than we spent to buy her. Wish I was handy and could figure out how to make one. I may try Catherines blanket over the head routine. It's good to know that you have restored some lung function...what kind of hay do you eat, and do you water it down first? It helps with the dust.
Sharon