url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m63229.html
Re: CS>CS generator
From: Robert Berger
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:39:55

  > Stuff wrote:

  >> I'd like  to know how your salt test can easily tell  CS strength
  >> within 5 ppm AND be a "very subjective" test.

  >> What quantities of salt are needed to test what quantities  of CS
  >> and then with each given quantity what is the ppm?

  > Stuff,

  > You are dreaming. The salt test is very subjective. Get an  ISE or
  > spectrophotometer test so that you know what you have.

  > "Ole Bob:

  Hi Stuff,

  First of all, you really don't need to send your cs to a  lab unless
  you are producing it commercially.

  If you  are young and healthy, it really doesn't matter how  good or
  bad the  cs  is. Many people have obtained great  benefit  with  a 3
  nines generator  despite  huge  variations  in  quality  of  the dw,
  electrode length  and placement, variability in brew  times, battery
  voltage, and so on. It works fine to kill bacteria, help  heal minor
  cuts, and even some of the weaker viruses.

  The salt  test  is ideal in these circumstances to  show  you indeed
  have cs, and to give an idea how strong it is.

  I posted a brief table a while ago that gives a rough guide. This is
  in 10  ppm  increments, but you can easily  interpolate  between the
  readings and judge the concentration within 5 ppm:

    http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m61467.html

  Since then,  I discovered Bob Lee's Faraday calculations,  and found
  how useful Mercury is to calculate the amount of silver liberated.

  I also  realized it would be possible to measure the  time  it takes
  for the  dispersion  to  appear,  which  would  give  more objective
  information on the amount of silver present. I have not had  time to
  run through  the  process in small increments, but  it  would vastly
  increase the usefulness of the test.

  It is  really not necessary to send you cs to a  lab,  especially if
  you are  young and healthy. It won't tell you much  about variations
  in your  process,  where  the salt test can be  used  daily  at very
  little cost.

  If you  do decide to get an analysis, make sure you use  a  lab that
  has demonstrated competence in this field.

  One good  way to verify is to check the correlation  between  uS and
  ppm. As  Trem, Frank, Ivan, and Ken agree, there should  be  a close
  correlation between these two parameters.

  Right now,  Frank's analysis looks to be the best available.  He has
  published reports on various products on his web site, and they show
  that he knows how to get accurate measurements.

  He also  has  NIST traceability, which is  necessary  to  ensure his
  calibration references remain accurate.

  But most people have never sent their cs to a lab. There's really no
  need, especially  if you are using one of the  better  cs generators
  discussed here.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett