i have read all the replies to this topic.  While some have eluded to the
truth, they have not confidently, pointedly and therefore specifically stated
what exactly the correct guidelines are for each type of produced cs.  Like it
or
not, this is important and this is why we are still in this confused state,
even though a few on this list are not confused, how they are presenting their
thoughts and facts does confuse the "not  quite that educated and enlightened"
mind...

In other words, an educated, open and aware mind can pick out the tidbits of
truth in these posts, while the person who is still in the learning stage has
a very difficult time discerning what exactly is trying to be conveyed through
these list type discussions.

This is where all you people who think you know everything; need to re-assess
what you think you know and learn how to present your thoughts/facts in a
clearer, less defensive and argumentative fashion.

so, what have we learned from this discussion?

well, if you go back to the beginning, someone asked the question about which
type of plastic to use.  This person questioned two types;  hdpe and pvc.
Now, from what other seemingly knowledgable people have studied and therefore
suggested is that hdpe seems to be just fine for the storage of cs.  But, wait!
what kind of cs are we talking about?  Are we talking about little particles
or big particles? iow, constant current or constant voltage?  From what i know,
i would have to say little particles
(constant current) can be stored in clear hdpe or pete plastics safely and
enduringly.

Now, what was not replied to in that initial question was the use of pvc
plastic as a container.  Now, also from my experience and listening to the pros
and cons of using pvc plastic as a container for anything used in human contact
is a major no-no!!!  Just ask the cosmetic industry and/or greenpeace for
information on the use of pvc as a container.

I had once put some constant voltage cs in a clear glass bottle and kept it
in a fairly dark, yet not completely dark room and in the course of roughly 2
weeks, this type of cs went from having a very bright laser show to having no
laser show whatsoever.  Where the particles went, i dont know, but i think they
probably went to the bottom of the bottle, which would be called plating out
if that is correct.

i would think that the rule of thumb with cs; is that if you are producing
with constant current, you have the option of using a clear container.  with
constant voltage, you probably dont have this option.

To sum up the other point,  if we become more knowledgable in the truth and
more specific in the definition of the truth, we will get over this waste of
space and time,  in this bickering and vagueness towards where it is that we
would all like to be someday.

Respectfully,