At 01:08 PM 10/31/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>I've just joined, and signed up for the digest version.
>I have been making CS for a couple of months now.
>I use Refresh distilled water (Western Australia).
>I've started heating the water.
>I have a little gadget which measures the ppm, though I know it won't
>be as accurate as expensive stuff.
>I've been trying to get the numbers high, but after my reading today
>will aim for about 5 ppm.
>I understand it is better to stir the water - agreed? Or is this
>debated?
###  Agreed, not debated
"some" disagreement on how and how fast.
..generally accepted that stirring should be fairly slow but fast enough to
keep the water moving constantly.
 Ole Bob uses a tornado?

>I only have green bottles, but I tend, by and large, to cover these
>with aluminium foil to keep out the light.  Brownie points?
##  Doesn't matter

>Regarding use in eyes - you believe it should not sting?
##  Stings like distilled water...not much or not at all? [Stings me a
'little' bit. So does distilled water.]

>I everyone happy with use of spray while breathing in to get CS deeper
>into bronchial regions?
## Yes [but large droplets can make you cough till you get used to it]

>I think I lost half my silver in the first few brews, trying to get it
>up to 20 ppm in cold water.  It ended up in pretty mirror fern
>patterns on the bottom of the glass container.  What are those mixes
>likely to have done to / for me?
 ##  Probably OK but wasteful.
 Sounds like electrodes are too close to the bottom of the container.
 Ion tracks form in still water that tend downwards off one electrode and
bend upwards near the other electrode.
 If anything gets in the way, silver plates out onto it.
 Stirring disrupts these ion tracks as well as doing other beneficial
things for the process.

Ode