Why not try some CS in the next load of towels and find out. I have
heard of using H2O2 as a bleach subsitute in laundry. 8 oz of 3% is what
is suggested be mixed with the water. This should not bleach colored
fabrics if mixed well and then add the clothes.

The waterfall would likely benefit as well. Bleach evaporates and puts
Chlorine gas into your indoor air, not good, as it ties of O2 in your
system. I got a terrible migraine from spraying bleach in a moldy
bathroom three days in a row. I no longer use bleach or if I must bleach
a moldy shower I spray it behind the shower curtain and then leave for a
few hours.

Garnet