> DMSO is a Rx product called Rimso used by urologists for
interstitial
> cystitis.

I had a look in the Australian Mims (Drs Prescription list) but
couldn't find it or DMSO.  Anyone any idea what it's called here, if
on Pharmaceuticals list?

Mind you, I'd be scared silly if a Dr wanted to give me anything
sulphuric - I met a woman a year or two ago who has been just about
crippled by it.  She had Crohn's disease, and was given sulphur, don't
know in what form (but hardly DMSO, unfortunately for her).  It wasn't
working, so they gave her more.  It stripped her innards and her eyes.
She now has to squirt lubricant in her eyes every few minutes.  She's
used to it, but it's very disconcerting to the onlooker.  Her life has
been totally ruined.  They dispute that it was the sulphur.
Rowena