  From: Ode Coyote
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 6:34 AM
  Subject: CS>warning letters

  Apparently a suggestion is seen as a command.
  Key word "Intention" as in communicating an intention.

  Interesting work around

  Colloidal Silver - SilvaSolution <br>Enhanced Liquid Pro 50 - 4 fl.
oz.Colloidal Silver - SilvaSolution
  Enhanced Liquid Pro 50 - 4 fl. oz.padColloidal Silver Enhanced Liquid
Provides: Strong immune, ear, sinus, throat and lung support for the winter
season. Great for rashes, minor cuts and sores, even athletes' foot and jock
itch and Yeast.

  I suppose 'support' is not an act and doesn't convey intent.
  Go figger!

  www.healthychristianliving.com

  No sign of medical claims or suggestive language.
  Looks like pretty good CS too.

  "We do NOT add anything, not even chemical electro-catalyst (salt, baking
soda, etc) which most manufacturers of some other Colloidal Silvers use. FDA
has deemed these products unsafe "due to the larger particle size and their
possible inability to be transported through the body effectively, in addition
to the fact that silver chlorides may form in the body after time of using
these."

  I wasn't aware that the FDA gave any reasoning or deemed anything at
all...just, evidence that it doesn't accept isn't evidence and an 'implied'
reasoning [saying something without saying something] that if it's not deemed
safe and effective , it's automatically unsafe and ineffective.

  I dunno, the ad copy sounds a little twisted source-wise but not particularly
untrue.

  Ode

  May 7, 2003

  WARNING LETTER
  VIA OVERNIGHT DELIVERY

  Healthy Christian Living
  395 Timber Ridge Drive
  Staten Island, NY 10306

  http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g3979d.htm

  Under the Act, articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation,
treatment or prevention of disease in man are drugs [Section 201(g)(1)(B) of
the Act]. Your web site claims that your product is useful in the treatment and
prevention of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The labeling of your
product bears the following claims:

  "it is possible that Colloidal Silver may kill or aid in the treatment of
SARS..." "antiviral, fungal, and bacterial properties of colloidal silver would
assist in boosting the immune and thereby reducing the chances of infection
regardless of the genesis of the microbe at work." "... we should be taking
every precaution possible to prevent the transmission of this unidentified
outbreak.. .My suggestion therefore would be the following: .., Taking HCL
Colloidal Silver daily..."

  These claims cause your product to be a drug, as defined in section
201(g)(1)(B) of the Act. Because this product is not generally recognized as
safe and effective when used as labeled, it is also a new drug as defined in
section 201 (p) of the Act. Under section 505 of the Act, a new drug may not be
legally marketed in the United States without an approved New Drug Application
(NDA). These drugs are also misbranded within the meaning of section 502(a) of
the Act because their labeling is false and misleading in that it suggests that
these drugs are effective for the prevention and treatment of SARS, when, in
fact, these claims are not supported by reliable scientific evidence. These
drugs are also misbranded within the meaning of section 502(f)(1) of the Act,
in that the labeling for these drugs fails to bear adequate directions for use.

  -- The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal silver.
  List maintainer: Mike Devour

  ---