The best water I've found meters out at .8 uS.
 The worst I'll use is 4.5 uS
 I have yet to make a yellow batch with a series 2 even taking it to 47 uS
with a TE heavy enough to walk on.

 I did make a very yellow batch using a  gen modified to put out 14
microamps to check out Mike Monets ultra low current thing.  I ran it for
20 hours without stirring to get a meter reading of 30 uS and it turned
deep yellow overnight.
 Another batch run for 10 hours didn't. [forget the meter reading..I'll
find the notes someday]

In the distant past using an old model, no stirring of any kind,  running
at .7 ma on 3"x 2 exposure of the electrodes, I made a yellow batch with a
particular jug of water. I let the water vent for a couple of days and
tried again..and again, and no yellow.

 A lot of bubbles formed on the side of the water jug. I think it was
dissolved ozone.  Most, if not all commercially distilled water is
ozonated. I only had a problem with THAT jug. It was probably over ozonated
and very fresh from the distiller.

 Throw highly active ozone [O3] into a field of highly active silver ions
and I'd expect to see some oxidation..which lead me to believe that there
was a sort of crystal structure that incorporated an oxide molecule on
which other ions would attach and form larger particles.
I don't know if that's correct, but the fact that H2O2 both dissolves the
color and cleans the oxide off electrodes 'seems' to confirm the idea.

 There is a type of CS out there that claims to be low ionic and small
particle.  It is a deep brown in color. [silver oxides???]
 I suspect they have bubbled ozone through the water, but, of course, it's
a  big secret and I have no idea if that's a fact.

 Running the old models at .8 and .9 ma, [which also makes the gen shut
down at a higher conductivity] I could sometimes make CS that went a pale
yellow over night but even then it was an exception rather than a rule.
   Using that same generator with room temperature water resulted in CS
going pale yellow overnight, more often than if I preheated the water and
let it cool as the batch was being run. [The first inkling of thermal
convection stirring]
 Running it on a coffee maker hot plate gave me immediate yellow every
time. [too hot]
 Running the batch at a lower temperature didn't.

   Some samples back then left here clear and showed up at Ole Bobs place a
pale yellow.
 Could fast temp and pressure changes plus a few hours of steady airplane
vibration have an effect?
 Radiation in an airplane is much much higher at high altitude than it is
at sea level...even approaching dangerous levels.
 I dunno.

 If I recall, Wyoming is the home of the high plateau and northern
lights...and also produces high sulpher coal and oil which is burned there
to make power.
 Ozone is made when electromagnetic radiation hits the air.
 Sulpher will tarnish silver pretty quick. How much does it take?
 What happens when there is sulpher in the air as ozone is being made?
 How do distillers get ozone?
 How readily does atmospheric ozone , with or without a sulpher componant,
dissolve into water?

 I don't know the answers.

Ode

At 03:37 PM 11/25/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>I can't seem to make anything but yellow CS.  Rather, I don't make it, it
>turns yellow in a coupla
>days, no matter where I store it.
>
>The water I'm using measures around .2 (2/10ths) uS using my Hanna pwt
>before production.
>I measure my finished batches at around 15-17 uS. (auto-shutoff w/
Silverpuppy)