  From: Marshall Dudley
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 4:04 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Re:spider bite

  Meat Tenderizer might be good too. It is about the best thing for bee and
wasp stings. It breaks down the protein toxin to harmless components
immediately.
  Be sure it is the one that uses papayan in it.

  Marshall

  h...@bigpond.net.au wrote:

    Wayne,
    Simplest treatment for a spider bite is an onion, cut one in half, mash the
    cut surface and apply straight on the bite and leave it there.
    Works for any insect sting or bite. From my experience, and we have quite a
    few very venomous spiders here in Australia, it works, even for our "Bull
    ant", his sting is very painful, takes the pain out in seconds, and seems
    either neutralise the venom or draw it out.
    John in Australia