Hi list,

Here's another use for iodine.  I have Dupuytren's contracture and have been
painting potassium iodide (SSKI) on it for a while.  SSKI is a saturated
solution of potassium iodide.  The contracture is going down and I think
it's going to disappear.  I was told by my doctor the only fix was to have
surgery.  WRONG !  I started the SSKI before my finger began pulling down.
I had the problem for years but thought it was just a callus from turning a
screwdriver and rubbing/twisting the handle into my palm as I used it.
Following are excerpts concerning the use of SSKI.
It is quite long but has a lot of info.  I will post it to the off topic
list.

Trem

"Dupuytren's contracture" and "Peyronie's disease" are two "fibrotic"
conditions that can be helped considerably by SSKI. In Dupuytren's
contracture, thickening (fibrosis) occurs along one of the tendons in the
palm in the hand, pulling the related finger down towards the palm. As the
problem progresses, the finger often can't be straightened any more.

In Peyronie's disease, a very similar thickening occurs along the shaft of
the penis, making erections increasing "curved" and painful. In both cases,
rubbing SSKI into the thickened tissue at least twice daily softens and
lessens the fibrotic area over a period of several months, allowing for more
normal function.

For these conditions, it's additionally helpful to take para_aminobenzoic
acid (PABA) 2 grams, three times daily, and to rub a mixture of Vitamin E
and DMSO into the thickened areas, also. However, if "caught early", SSKI
alone will often "do the job". (It's also advisable to have glucose_insulin
tolerance test done, as there's an unusually high incidence of "insulin
resistance" in people with Dupuytren's contracture or Peyronie's disease.

"Keloids" are abnormally thick scars, sometimes as much as an inch thick,
that can form after injury. Although anyone can get a keloid, they're more
common among blacks than other ethnic groups. Rubbing SSKI into a keloid at

least twice daily will ultimately flatten them down to a "normal scar", but
it can take many months to a year for particularly bad ones. The treatment
goes faster if SSKI is mixed "50_50" with DMSO."