I could not agree more. My first wife was a shrink. She was paranoid, obsessive compulsive, and spent money faster than she and I could earn it. At the end, I told her her profession should be called "mental masturbation." I may be paranoid --but am I paranoid enough? I deserve a seat in Heaven by God for the 21 years I tried to hold it together.

TJ Garland, CMO supplier
          there are no incurable illnesses-only incurable people.

From: Wayne Fugitt <wfug...@direcway.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Emotional Problems and Shrinks
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:14:59 -0600

Morning Nancy,

http://www.emofree.com
The website has lots of testimonies and a free tutorial to download.  Many
areas of health can be affected by the emotions.

I did spend a few minutes on the site. It is well done and has lots of information that would be of value to some people.

However, I feel that it is like most treatments, it is treating the symptoms, not the cause. Most people that I know who have emotional problems of any kind, are generally unfocused people who have nothing to do but count flowers on the wall.

The other class have chemical disorders within the body. In either case, the root cause must be addressed.

If the unfocused people had more work to do, a task list a mile long, enough energy to tackle these tasks, they would have little time to worry about emotions.

I have few friends who study the mind and how people think and function. I prefer to call them "shrinks". Most of these guys are as weird as their patients. One was a relative. When I visited him last, he went into a trance as he was deciding what a weird freak I am. I saw it. We were sitting at a table when I showed them a manifold block I designed that required 44 drilling operations and 24 tapping operations.

Until then, he though I was only the redneck he had known many years ago. I was the only one that saw and noticed his reactions. While it may have been only a few seconds, it seemed like a long time for him to disappear from the world he was in.

Still, I agree it fills a need for some people.

My favorite non-conventional, non-conformist, doctor, Dr. W. C. Douglass, damns the psychiatrist profession more than any other.

Basically, he claims they treat people for a lifetime, claim they can never get well, and insure that they don't by using drugs and avoiding the proper treatment of the root cause of their disorder.

I know..... I have some mental problems too. However, I am too busy to worry about them and don't give a nickle about what others think of my mental state or emotional problems.

My state of a tranquil mind has kept me happy for years and reasonably healthy. <grin>

Wayne