Hi all,

It's time for me to step in again. The Off Topic content is getting out
of hand, generating complaints and causing people to unsubscribe.

In the last few weeks our community has grown to over 500 members.
Whenever we experience this kind of growth, there are growing pains
while we adapt the culture to new people and vice versa.

Between new members enthusiasm and curiosity and the irresistable
discussions our regulars get going, this always translates into a *LOT*
of message traffic.

I just analyzed the messages for the last 48 hours or so, and picked
out the members who made more than 3 posts to an OFF TOPIC thread.

Here's the list, in roughly alphabetical order. Folks with three stars
(***) are the biggest posters, two stars (**) are a bit less, and no
stars are those who posted only a few OT messages. A few people just
escaped being listed because they posted only one or two OT messages...

Bob Smith
Dan Nave
David Osborne
"Garnet" ***
Jack Dayton ***
James Holmes **
Ken Bagwell
"Marmar" (MA) **
Marshall Dudley **
Ken (Ode) **
Paula (sol) **
"Stuff" **
Tad Winiecki
Terry Chamberlin ***
Thora Rasmussen **
Wayne Fugitt **
William Meyer

I do not intend to brand anybody with this list. Note that some of
these folks also made CS-related posts, and/or Off Topic posts that
were entirely appropriate, and some are among our most helpful and
supportive members.

I want to use this list of ***SEVENTEEN*** people to highlight how
*FEW* of you are in fact responsible for nearly *ALL* of the the
discussion!

What this means is that *YOU* who are leading the discussion have a
tremendous amount of influence on its quality, and *YOU* need to
shoulder your share of the responsibility for the stewardship of the
Silver List!

If your name is on the list above, or you know that it *should* be,
then I would like you to take the following steps RIGHT NOW!!!

Add the following address to your e-mail ADDRESS BOOK:

   silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com

Open the following URL in your browser and add it to your FAVORITES or
BOOKMARKS or create a SHORTCUT to it on your desktop...

   http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html

Then go to the Silver List web page and bookmark IT as well:

   http://www.silverlist.org

... and click on the Off Topic List link for further instructions.

*THEN* I need each of you to make a sincere effort to usher our Off
Topic discussions to the Off Topic List as soon as basic curiosity and
essential resources have been pointed out on health related subjects,
*AND* as soon as you're tempted to post your 2nd or 3rd message to an
OT thread!

Just say "I'm posting this to the Off Topic List!" and then do it!

Anybody who *wants* to read it, will.

Remember, my friends, as fascinating as these discussions often are,
and as valuable as the alternative health related information can be,
it is a *burden* to people who are coming here for information about
COLLOIDAL SILVER!

If they are sick themselves, or the stressed-out care-giver for a loved
one, pet, or valuable livestock, they're just *not* going to have the
time or energy to plow through 100 posts or more per day of unrelated
*STUFF*!

The men and women of the Silver List community helped *you* when you
needed it. Please help our list serve other people now.

Be well,

Mike D.