Mike,

To be honest, I am merely quoting an expert quoted in Barron's, and carried in the Daily Yomiui here in Japan. I have no expertise in commodities, though the silver/housing ratio certainly caught my eye. To this layman, though, the salient point not mentioned in the article is that 1980 corresponds with the attempted silver corner of the Hunt brothers. So it could be that choosing that year creates a false impression about the relative values.

I have no money tied up in commodities so it is all academic to me; I posted the info. because some device makers need silver for practical reasons and might want to know. . . .

JBB