Dear Donna,
         3 cc of DMSO with 300 cc of CS is, essentially, a 10% (by volume)
mixture----one we have used experimentally for the past 9 years....with never
an untoward reaction in animals or humans.  Concentrations of 10% DMSO are
QUITE bitter to the taste buds in the rear of the mouth (in
humans)....therefore, if ingesting experimentally, one would probably find that
5% is about the upper limit of easy tolerance.  We have found 10%
concentrations to stimulate the gag reflex...in some cases (although this is
was never harmful, just uncomfortable).  We have never found any complications
or visual reactions when mixing DMSO with CS.  One proviso however, always
pour/inject the DMSO into the water fraction....not the reverse.  DMSO X
water-bearing solutions is a heat generator.  One should remember
this---especially when diluting larger volumes (e.g. a pint of DMSO with, say,
2 quarts of water.
         My counsel, derived from many, many, evaluations, is to regard DMSO as
quite benign....although an exceptionally powerful solvent and transporter of
many other substances/solutions of substances.
         Many allopathic-based research/academic groups make an extra effort to
frighten alternative researchers....regarding possible complications arising
from
combining DMSO with other substances....disregarding the fact that a normal
child possesses more than adequate "common sense"----to comprehend that ANY
substance found on the planet can be lethal....if one can consume enough of it.
         My impatience with the fomenters of fear and untruth impel me toward
these remarks.  I am most aware of the caution one is drawn to when
investigating elements and conditions beyond the normal purview of their
training or knowledge;  and discretion is, indeed, the better part of valor.
This said, after 25 years of personal experience with the substance identified
as DMSO, hundreds of protocols
(some of which one would find difficult to accept), I state,
categorically----DMSO is one of the most benign substances I (or any of our
staff) have ever researched for applicable inclusion in experimental medical
protocols.
         If you have more than a passing interest in DMSO, I recommend you
obtain a copy of Dr. Stanley Jacobs book on the subject.  If you desire a
treatise directed, essentially, to the layman, Pat McGrady's book, "DMSO, The
Persecuted Drug" is excellent (although somewhat dated in content).  I believe
there is, at present, a discussion list
dedicated specifically to DMSO....although I do not know exactly where they are
located, but I am confident some one on this list does.
         Do forgive this lengthy post, but I have quite visceral feelings
relating to the obscene manner in which this substance...and the researchers
attempting to demonstrate its marvelous characteristics, have been vilified by
the allopathic drug/practitioner combine.
---        Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.
Harborne Research Foundation