One question for Mr. Key about the ionization of silver particles:

I can accept that there is no known mechanism for silver particles to be converted to ions in vivo. However, if I understand the use of Silverlon bandages, particulate silver is converted to silver ions on the surface of the skin, simply by soaking the bandages in water. Some interaction between water, the particle-impregnated bandages, and the skin, apparently produces ions; if memory serves me, the web site for the Silverlon products claims that silver ions are the cause of the therapeutic benefits.

If the above summary is correct, then I wonder whether somehow, in vivo, a similar process might not be happening. Obviously, water in the body is all mixed up with everything else; I am not overlooking this! But not being a chemist, I ask those who might know: could not H20 in vivo produce ions in a manner similar to that summarized above?

Comments welcome.

JBB